It is currently June 28th, 2017, 6:30 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: help my breeding pair
PostPosted: November 15th, 2013, 9:56 am 

Sorry about this but I need some info. have a pair that is around 10 years old and I got them about 6 months a ago and they had laid there first fertile clutch for me one hatched and the other on had died in the shell :( , so the other one was looking good i was checking up on it and it look like she was feeding it real a little bit after the first day.
I had to go way for work last week and I checked the baby before I went on Thursday morning and look like it had a bit for food in its crop ,so I away for work and i come back sunday afternoon and I went straight at the back to see how big my little baby has grown , as I went to open up the box there was no baby, I'm so very upset I got mum and dad out of the box and blocked of the box and open it up and I found the baby dead ;( so I have cleaned the box out and I have not unblocked the box so they cant get in , I don't know if she didnt feed it properly or some thing else happen ??? When I got the other egg out of the next it had a bit of her droppings stuck on the egg so don't know if that was the problem but the baby looked like it was developed properly , ok as far as I know they person before told me she would look after her babies but then again who knows?? But He told
me he used take the eggs out and put them in the incubator now a again.
So now I'm very scared to give them there box back I'm worried she didn't feed the young properly and will she learn how to ??? I don't want this to happen again or will these parrot never learn to feed there babies ???

I don't know what to do should I let try again I don't know